The Yemen Policy Center (YPC) has an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Specialist to join us in making a difference to how Yemen is presented to international audiences, helping to show a resilient Yemen beyond political and humanitarian crises. We aim to show a Yemen that shapes its own narrative.
If you are looking for an opportunity to show off your skills in increasing social media followers, engaging with interested audiences, while retaining our existing digital communities, with the intention of helping people to see and share an image of Yemen beyond the headlines, this is the ideal opportunity for you.
We are looking for a candidate who is equally at home in Arabic and English, and who is able to pick up key points from different communications outputs (from blogs to podcasts) to create compelling content to share on social media. Your inspiring content will draw people to work by Yemeni researchers, helping to raise the profile of Yemenis working towards peace.
YPC Germany e.V. is a young organization, largely made up of a young and ambitious team of Yemeni and German researchers committed to supporting Yemeni talent. We seek to influence Yemeni and international policy making to improve the living conditions of the Yemeni people and bring about a lasting peace. YPC supports young Yemeni researchers by creating genuine opportunities for career development.
- You will support the communications and publishing team to deliver YPC content across digital channels, in order to increase reach and influence and achieve organization objectives as part of the Kaleidoscope resilience in peacebuilding project.
- You will work in collaboration with the Chief Communications Editor to create YPC’s social media content and manage engagement and influence, drafting replies to messages and comments.
- You will implement social media content delivery across Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, supporting the goals of the Kaleidoscope project. You will understand the differences in each platform to tailor engagement appropriately, and stay on top of key social media trends.
- You will work with colleagues from across YPC to help plan, deliver, and monitor social media campaigns; to raise awareness of YPC and its work; and to help promote our researchers and the work they do.
- Have a degree in communications or social sciences, or equivalent;
- Have 3+ years’ experience working in communications, ideally for a charity, an NGO, or a think tank;
- Have managed social media for an organization;
- Be fluent Arabic and English speaker;
- Be able to create engaging and consistent content for Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, understanding the best practices of each social media channel;
- Be able to set an appropriate tone for each social media platform and language;
- Have experience of delivering strategic social media content plans, incorporating digital communities across online platforms;
- Be able to use analytics tools and able to prepare and present data and reports to colleagues;
- Be comfortable using WordPress;
- Be able to work remotely, and across several time zones;
- Be resourceful and take initiative;
- Be a strong communicator who works well independently and with a team; and
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- The position will be based remotely, ideally in Yemen.
- It is a part-time position.
- The start date is as soon as possible.
- Salary will be negotiated on the basis of qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate against candidates based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
To apply for this position, please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing why you are suitable for the position with 3 social media writing samples enclosed to [email protected]. The deadline for applications is open until the role is filled. Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview and writing test.